I am no longer interested in going to India, SE Asia or the Baltic’s. Well, not in the near future.
My interest waned for the following reasons:
- I can not find the trip I want for the price I want to pay.
- Flights to India and SE Asia are long and business class was expensive. I don’t want to fly coach.
- No urgency. I realized none of these places will disappear in the near future.
Instead, I have decided to focus on places that may vanish by 2025.
I am going to research Venice, Jordan (Dead sea), China (Yangtze river) and Quebec (Magdalen Islands).
The cost of flights is below:
- New York to Venice, May 25, 2017, 10 nights
- Shortest Flight Business Class (8hr(d), 10h(a)) – Delta, United, Lufthansa, Italia – $2929
- Shortest Flight Economy Class (8hr(d), 10h(a)) – Delta, United- $1598
- Jordan (Dead Sea)
- New York to Amman, Oct 13 – Nov 1, 2016
- Shortest flight Business Class (11hr(d), 13h(a)) – Royal Jordanian – $3357
- Shortest flight Economy Class (11hr(d), 13h(a)) – Royal Jordanian – $797
- China (Yangtze river)
- New York to Beijing, May 25,2017, 10 nights
- Shortest flight Business Class (16hrs) – Air Canada – $3928
- Shortest flight Economy Class (14hrs) – United -$2058
- New York to Quebec, Sep 17,2016, 5 nights
- Shortest flight First Class (2hrs) – Delta- $388
- Shortest flight Economy Class (2hrs) – Delta -$270
Based on the cost of flights, Quebec is the only surety.
Next week, I will start the in-depth research.