After waffling on where to go since May, I made a decision.
I am going to Japan with the tour operator Inside Japan Tours. I found this tour company by searching through the Japan forums on Fodor’s and TripAdvisor’s.
The small group tours are reasonably priced and unique.
Hands on Japan, is the tour I have chosen to take through them. The tour highlights and itinerary are below.
- Visit the ukiyo-e woodblock print museum in Matsumoto
- Try your hand at traditional Japanese crafts: paper making, pottery, cloth dyeing and more
- See sumo and take a cruise to Hamarikyu Gardens in Tokyo
- Visit a traditional machiya townhouse for lunch in Kyoto
- Visit Zenko-ji Temple, one of Japan’s most important religious sites
- Prepare your own soba noodles with an expert