Weekly, I receive email announcements for discounts from several travel companies. As with most mail, some are worthy of mention but most are not.
Today, I received an announcement from Gate 1 with several discounted tours. Of particular interest to me is the discount for their Luxury Morocco trip but I have questions. Is this trip really luxury? If not, is it still a good deal?
The Gate 1 Deal
11 Day Deluxe Morocco Luxury experience with 5-star hotels, private visits and personalized services –
$4349 from $3599
Lead Price Travel Date: Apr 24 ‘17
Promo Valid for Departures: April – December 2017
- Flights New York-Casablanca, Marrakesh-New York. Other departure cities available.
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 9 nights accommodations in well-located 5-Star Luxury Hotels
- All transfers
- Maximum 24 passengers per tour
- 21 meals: 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches with soft drinks, 6 dinners with wine
- Bottled water daily
- Welcome and Farewell receptions
- Hotel porterage and complimentary in-room Wi-Fi
- Comprehensive sightseeing with all entrance fees per itinerary
- Tour manager throughout plus local guides in each city
- Comfortable air-conditioned vehicles
- Tips for restaurant staff, drivers, and local guides
How to Book
Book by March 13, 2017 and save $750 per person off our regular price. Lowest price reflects $750 promotional savings. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations. To redeem the discounted savings, use promotional code DLDXMA750 at the time of booking.
Is This Really Luxury?
All the hotels included in the trip are considered 5-star centrally located hotels. Meals included are not significantly lower than its direct competitor Tauck, which offers 43 meals instead of Gate 1’s 41. Also, all tips and porterage are included. So, yes this is a luxury tour.
Is This Trip A Deal?
I can’t decide if the problem I have with the tour is boredom or that it isn’t luxurious enough to me. This trip is very similar to the offering from Tauck for Morocco it is basically the same itinerary and differs only with two hotel selections; Tauck chooses to stay at the Four Seasons in Casablanca and La Tour Hassan in Rabat.
Tauck is well respect, high-end and all-inclusive. However, I would not say this is their most imaginative or most luxurious trip.
In my opinion, Abercrombie and Kent does a far better job with their small group Morocco itinerary.
But the Abercrombie & Kent trip is $6995 plus airfare.
The cost of the Tauck trip is $5490 to $6490 depending on the date and does not include air.
If you like the itinerary for the Tauck Morocco trip, this Gate 1 Signature Collection Morocco trip is a Deal.