Love wine and love a cruise, I’ve picked the 4 Best Wine Themed Cruises for 2018- 2019.
1. Patz and Hall from Barcelona to Lisbon
Sail the Mediterranean on Oceania Riveria for 8 days with personal host and Patz & Hall Founder, Heather Patz. The cruise begins in Barcelona during September 2018. At which time, you will enjoy a wine makers dinner as well as a seminar and tasting. You also have the option of joining:
- a three-night pre-cruise tour that goes to Parés Baltà winery
- a tour in Saint Topez which takes you to the wines of the Cotes de Provence. It includes a stop at 2 top Provençal wineries one of which will also host a delectable wine-paired luncheon
- a tour in Florence/Pisa/Tuscany which takes you to tour Super Tuscans. It includes a stop at 2 top Tuscany wineries one of which will also host a delectable wine-paired luncheon
The 8-day Barcelona to Lisbon cruise costs from $2974 per person, departing September 6, 2018 (800-367-5348; foodandwinetrails).
2. Carnival in Brazil
On this cruise, you can drink wine and samba until you pass out. Costco is offering a 14-night cruise from Buenos Aires with Wente Vineyards. This cruise sails on Celebrity Infinity in February 2018 and includes 3 wine tasting events and a wine pairing luncheon.
The 14-night Buenos Aires roundtrip cruise costs from $2999 per person, departing February 2, 2018 (866-317-4711; costcotravel).
3. Truffle Hunting with the Winemaker of the Year
On this 7- day SeaDream cruise from Rome to Nice, you have the opportunity to hobnob with Andrea Mullineux, the 2016 Wine Enthusiast’s Winemaker of the year. Also on the agenda is a Truffle Hunt, a wine tasting of Mullineux wines and tastings at Hatt et Söner and Panizzi Winery. Yup, this is paradise.
The 7-day Rome to Nice cruise costs from $4199 per person, departing October 7, 2018 (800-707-4911; SeaDream).
4. Bordeaux Region with Crystal Cruises
A post about the best wine cruises would not be complete without discussing Crystal. In July 2019, the Crystal Serenity will sail from Amsterdam to Lisbon on a 14-day cruise. This cruise will explore the vineyards and chateaux with three days in Bordeaux. The excursions have not been defined yet. However, it has already sold out the lower two categories promising that this is not a cruise to be missed.
The 14-day cruise from Amsterdam to Lisbon costs from $11,999 per person, departing July 29, 2019 (888-722-0021; crystalcruises).