Unless you are leaving someone home, part of your vacation involves deciding how to get to the airport. If you have a vehicle, you also need to decide where to leave your car.
I have lived in the New York City tri-state area for years, usually leave from JFK and almost always park my car at a lot near the airport.
However, every time I travel, I spend time looking at alternate transport options to the airport. Should I leave my car in the garage and take the train to the plane? Should I take an airport shuttle service from my house? Should I park at the airport? Should I park at a lot near the airport?
After the search, I usually decide to park at Park Plus Airport Parking.
I am now used to handing over the keys to my car. Of course, that is only after making sure I know where every imperfection is first. I am also used to a quick drop off but a longer than I like pickup after a return trip.
Why do I do this? Parking at JFK costs from $18 a day in long-term to $39 a day in short-term parking.
This summer I may get a chance to park at the airport. Until September 8, 2017, the Port Authority of NY and NJ is offering coupon discounts for JFK to park at the airport. Unfortunately, you can not reserve space in the long-term parking lot at JFK. So, have a backup plan.
JetBlue is my preferred airline for domestic travel.
Today, JetBlue is offering 30% off airfare on all flights.
- Promo code: BIG30
- 30% off base airfare on all flights (base airfare excludes government taxes/fees)
- Book by 10/19/16
- Travel 10/26 – 12/15/16 (Blackout dates: 11/18 – 11/28/16)
- Excludes travel on Sundays
- Flight must originate in a U.S. JetBlue city “including Puerto Rico”
- Not valid on previous bookings
How to book:
- Promo codes can only be redeemed online at jetblue.com/promo.
- Search flights within valid travel dates.
- You must select flights in order for discount to appear. Once selected you will see the discount amount displayed in the itinerary subtotal on the bottom right side of the flight’s page.
- Only one code per booking.
In the wake of the uprising in Turkey, Turkish Airlines prices for Business Class have fallen sharply.
Recently, I searched for a flight from JFK to Bangkok using Hipmunk and was surprised that the trip cost less than$3000.00.
Turkish Airlines(TK 12) BUSINESS
11:40 PM JAN 24 New York Jfk,US
04:30 PM JAN 25 Istanbul,TR
Turkish Airlines(TK 64) BUSINESS
07:40 PM JAN 25 Istanbul,TR
09:45 AM JAN 26 Bangkok,TH
Turkish Airlines(TK 69) BUSINESS
11:30 PM FEB 18 Bangkok,TH
05:25 AM FEB 19 Istanbul,TR
Turkish Airlines(TK 3) BUSINESS
07:25 AM FEB 19 Istanbul,TR
11:50 AM FEB 19 New York JFK,US
Turkish Airlines business class product is top rated for its food. Another perk of flying Turkish Airlines is free tours for those with layovers in Istanbul of over 6 hrs. Further tour details can be found here.